In 1934, famed aviator Colonel Charles Lindbergh and wife Ann Morrow stopped just outside of Spearman for fuel on a cross country trip. Lindbergh, years earlier (1924) had crashed a plane into a hardware store near Camp Wood, Texas (Real County) on a cross-country trip before becoming an air cadet in San Antonio.
The brief event received a historical marker that stands today .4 miles South of 13th Ave and SH 207.
The museum is housed in the former cottage built for the railroad stationmaster and his family. Also on site is the Spearman Santa Fe depot, a windmill and a replica of the first building built north of the Canadian river by settlers.